Koto Easy Radio
Koto Easy Radio
A radio specifically designed for easy use for those who find modern devices over complex and difficult to control.
Listening to the radio should be an easy pastime for everyone. We’ve developed the KOTO radio to be as simple as possible for the user, stripping away the complexities of modern devices but retaining the quality of DAB/FM broadcasting.
Can be programmed to one of 11 available languages (English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, German, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Portuguese)
- Single button channel selection
- LCD screen with backlight
- Hidden setup controls
- Retro design but modern functionality
- Headphone socket
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- 24 hour clock with automatic update
The Koto Radio is designed by E2L, world market leaders in music products specifically developed the senior population and those with physical or cognitive difficulties.
Whilst providing many of the benefits of modern DAB/FM functionality, after the unit is initially set up, normal everyday operation is simple:
The design is focused on simplicity for the day-to-day user
- The black button on the far left of the radio switches the power ON or OFF.
- The Radio will start operating, tuned to the last selected channel.
- Pressing one of the three beige buttons will select one of three pre-programmed radio channels previously selected during set-up
- Volume is changed using the knob on the right hand side of the player.
- The knob has deep grooves so it is easy to grip for people with limited hand or finger movement
- The radio has a LCD display which shows the radio channel and programme when it is playing, and the time and date when it is switched off
Setting up the Radio
Setting up can be undertaken by friends, family, carers, or anyone with a bit of a technical aptitude.
This is normally a one time operation.
The set-up controls are hidden away under a secret panel.
This is removed for setup simply by sliding to the left.
Replacing the panel after set up ensures that nothing will be changed in advertently during everyday use.
- ’KOTO Radio’ is an easy to use DAB+/DAB/FM radio.
- It also has Bluetooth audio streaming capability.
- The intention is for the player to be installed and left powered on so the operator merely has to press the black button to switch it ON or OFF.
- The construction is durable consisting of a strong wooden enclosure with a high strength faux leather covering. The loudspeaker grille is cloth finished but reinforced with a wooden panel to avoid any damage to the speaker. Rubber feet ensure that the player does not slip. It can be wiped down with a damp cloth if required.
- ’KOTO radio’ can be used anywhere in the world which has DAB+,DAB, or FM broadcasting standards. An AM/FM version is available for the USA.
- Every Radio is configured to suit your national power supply at point of order.
- Dimensions: 26cm x 188cm x 9cm
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Colour: Available in Maroon and cream fauxleather finish
- Number of Presets: 3
- Volume Control: rotary knob with deep grooves. Continual turn to avoid breakage
- Station Coverage: DAB+, DAB and FM
- Tuning: Automatic search for DAB and FM channels
- Display: Backlit LCD showing clock and station information
- Headphone socket: Yes
- Power requirements: Local mains supply – factory configured to your country’s standard
- Power consumption: less than 700mA at 9V
- Amplifier: 3.5W Class D mono audio amplifier
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Yes
- Cleaning: Wipe down with a damp cloth (not waterproof)
- Weight 1.5 kg
- Dimensions 45 × 40 × 10 cm
Note: E2L Limited reserves the right to change the specification at any time.
Please Note: Some buildings are not conducive to good radio transmission. This can occur in some care communities where walls and firewalls are dense. If in any doubt we strongly advise that a transistor radio be tried first to make sure reception is available where the radio is to be situated. This will ensure you do not purchase a radio that cannot pick up a signal.