Life 13-piece puzzles for dementia
Relish 13-piece puzzles are designed to delight people with mid-stage dementia. From the idyllic to the iconic, each scene is carefully chosen to stimulate joyful memories and inspire conversations upon completion.
The larger pieces, approximately 10cm in width, are all unique in size and shape and are easy to handle for people with dexterity difficulties. The box is designed to assist and encourage individuals to complete the puzzle independently; it perfectly frames the assembled puzzle and features the final image printed on the inside lid. High contrast colours and a clean and uncluttered picture with one main focal point, are additional details successfully tested alongside people with mid-stage dementia.
Benefits of puzzles for dementia
Jigsaw puzzles are a favourite pastime for young and old, and for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s, they can be especially beneficial. Apart from being a fun and engaging activity to enjoy with family and friends, completing puzzles can gently exercise the brain, benefit visual perception and provide a sense of satisfaction and pride upon completion.
- Number of puzzle pieces: 13
- Puzzle piece size: Each piece is approximately 10cm in width
- Total puzzle size: 31cm x 22cm
- Material: strong, responsibly sourced cardboard
- Box material: cardboard
- Large puzzle pieces for easy handling
- All pieces are unique in size and shape
- Box designed to frame the assembled puzzle
- High contrast colours to aid visual impairment
- Conversation prompts included inside the box
- Cognitive benefits – exercises both sides of the brain
- Encourages social participation
- Iconic scenes stimulate memories
- Easy jigsaw puzzle for seniors