The Fidget Widget has been designed in collaboration with the Alzheimer’s Society and the University of Central Lancashire, to improve the well-being of people in the later stages of dementia, by supporting their psychological needs to feel occupied, engaged and included in a meaningful activity of their choice.
The Fidget Widget engages touch, feel, and repetitive movements to calm and engage with busy hands and unsettled minds. As there is no right or wrong way to use our Fidget Widgets, users can discover their own creative ways to explore and interact with tools.
Fidget Widgets comprise 5 specially designed widgets, each with a particular motion. Invite someone with dementia to delight in the simple pleasure of twisting, turning, sliding, rolling and spinning in the hand or practise the repetitive movements.
- Calming and relaxing
- Designed to bring comfort to busy hands and unsettled minds
- Relieves tension and restlessness
- Enhances personal wellbeing
- Intuitive: No right or wrong way to use it
- Fidget toys for adults with dementia
- Improve wellbeing for those who have difficulty with words or are experiencing fidgeting behaviour